Friday, April 9, 2010

Simple Gesture goes a long way...

Today, me and my journalist friend went to St. Peter church in commonwealth, we attended a forum featuring the mayoral candidates of Quezon City, the title is Pasya sa Pamilya, basically the topic is about family life and following the norms of the church. Vice mayor Herbert Bautista is not there, Annie Susano is absent too. Mel Mathay, Mike Defensor and Vice Mayor candidate Janet Malaya is there to participate. It's just a short forum, less than 45 minutes. There are only 4 question for each candidate i believe. They all answered the questions according to their perception. But they all good answers.
After the question and answer portion Bishop Tobias took over and did a wonderful speech. I saw my friend on the corner where Mel Mathay is sitting, we talked about the questions and the answers of the candidates of course. I was about to leave and i wanted to shake the hand of the mayoral candidates. I approached Mr. Mel Mathay and he stand up and i shook his hand...It was a very good gesture, because he did stand up on his sit to shook my hand. I was embarrassed but again it was a good gesture. I was not able to approach Mike Defensor because there are a lot of people around him. Mel Mathay is very warm in meeting his potential voters. I was really touched by the gesture and i really appreciated it.
For those voters out there...try to attend this kind of forums or if a mayoral candidate visit your street or baranggay, try to approach them coz' you'll know from that moment if they are the leader you can depend on. A simple act or gesture speaks a lot of words. No written platform or a long memorized speech can beat that, because once you caught them off guard, that's the real them..try it and you'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment